What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is a new way of providing tailored support and services to people living with a disability.
The aim of the NDIS is to increase choice and control as well as build independence and capacity for people living with a disability.
As a participant of the NDIS you will receive funding directly from the NDIS which you can use to purchase supports and services that best suit your needs and goals.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is rolling out in Victoria from the 1st of July 2016.
How we can help
For Victorians who currently receive government funding packages for disability services and are eligible for the NDIS, these packages will transfer across and be funded via the NDIS.
VPS is a registered with the NDIS to offer the following supports:
- - Household tasks – assistance with cleaning, laundry, preparing meals and other household tasks as required
- - Community Nursing Care
- - Communications and Information Equipment – Assistance with using technology, aids and equipment
- - Assistance with products for household tasks – providing aid and equipment to enable participants to undertake cooking, cleaning, washing, home maintenance and other tasks
- - Assistance with obtaining products for personal care and safety for example specialised clothing and continence needs
- - Assistance with accommodation and tenancy
- - Innovative Community Participation
Privately funded care services
You do not need NDIS funding to access our services. All our services can be purchased privately, individually or we can tailor a package to suit your wants and goals.
Call us for more information on 1300 845 273.
Generally our fees for disability supports and services listed on this page, will be covered by the NDIS. If you wish to obtain a list of our fees and charges, or access our services privately, call us on 1300 845 273.
How do I find out whether I am eligible for the NDIS?
The best way to determine your eligibility is to contact the NDIS by calling 1800 800 110.
Alternatively, you can visit their website at https://www.ndis.gov.au where you will find eligibility information.
Planning and Preparing for the NDIS
If you're preparing for the NDIS, here's a great list of resources to get you started:
NDIS Information Pack
My NDIS Pathway
NDIS Planning Workbook
NDIS Resources for Carers
Call us on 1300 845 273 if you have any questions or for further information on how we can help.